Tuesday 30 August 2011

Wonderful Weekend

I decided to extend the already long bank holiday weekend by taking Friday and Monday off. On Friday I ventured out to the country to stay with a friend and her beautiful 7 month old baby. We kicked off with lunch at the local farm shop and then headed to Wellington Country Park for a walk around the lake. Although we were waterproofed and wellied up to the max the rain thankfully stayed away.


We finished off the day with a film - Morning Glory - and I can quite honestly say it is one of the worst films I have EVER seen in my life!

The weekend carried on in the same laid back vein with brunch at Baker & Spice in Chelsea. I've not been there for quite some time so I was pleased that the food is still as good as I remember.


With my tummy full of scrambled eggs I set off to Poole in Dorset to see my Mum and Dad. We had a lovely walk along the quay and around the old town before indulging in fish and chips on the harbour wall. Why is it that Fish and Chips always taste best by the sea?! On Monday morning we attempted to go into Swanage, but the bank holiday traffic had other ideas...so we ended up in Tyneham. The history behind Tyneham is absolutely fascinating, it was taken over by the army during WWII to be used as a firing range and the villagers have never been allowed back. As well as this incredibly sad story Tyneham also boasts one of the most beautiful coves (in
my opinion!) in the Purbecks.


To round out my very long weekend my sister and her boyfriend came over for brunch this morning and I tried out a Nigella recipe on them both - Baked Croque Monsieur...I think they liked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You Might Also Like...